It’s an amazing place, with something for everyone. Have a look at our list of things to do on the Fylde Coast – for families, theatre goers, thrill seekers, shoppers – and more! Can you think of any more to include?
The header photo to this page is Blackpool South Shore.
See the Glitterball, the sandy beach to your left and Blackpool Pleasure Beach in the background. Not far behind you is St Annes then Lytham and all of the borough of Fylde. Head north beyond the Pleasure Beach and there’s all of Blackpool – it’s yours to explore and enjoy! Pass through Blackpool to reach the quieter towns of Cleveleys and Fleetwood.
Things to do on the Fylde Coast
It’s fair to say that there’s something for everyone here on the Fylde Coast, whatever your taste or preferences.
We’ve started off this list of things to do on the Fylde Coast, at more or less anytime – ie things that aren’t restricted to a particular date. (Although you can of course find lots more things to do in the Events Calendar).
Don’t forget to explore all of the different Visit Fylde Coast websites – there are literally thousands of pages to look at!
Hundreds of Things to do on the Fylde Coast
This list of inspiration is in alphabetical order. Can you think of any others? How many different items do you think we could get to?
Expecting this list of things to do on the Fylde Coast to get enormous, we’ve missed off the adjectives and descriptions and stuck to the name of the thing, place or activity. We’re sure you’ll understand!
The A-M of Things to do on the Fylde Coast…
- Abingdon Street Market
- Affinity Lancashire (the new name for Freeport Fleetwood)
- Beach clean up
- Beach huts
- Blackpool Tower Ballroom
- Blackpool Tower Circus
- Blackpool Tower Eye
- Blackpool Wake Park
- Blackpool Zoo
- Bonny Street Market
- Bounce Play Centre
- Candy Floss
- Central Pier
- Crazy Golf
- Comedy Carpet
- Coral Island
- Crabbing – Fleetwood boating lake is a good place for it
- Dino Golf
- Fleetwood Market
- Donkey rides
- Escape room
- Events – check out the calendar to find out what’s on today
- Fairhaven Lake – between Lytham and St Annes
- Farmer Parrs Animal World
- Fleetwood Ferry to Knott End
- Fish and Chips
- Fleetwood Museum
- Football – Blackpool and Fleetwood or local leagues
- Funny Girls
- Garden Centre
- Glow in the Dark Golf
- Grand Theatre
- Grundy Art Gallery
- Helicopter ride!
- Heritage Tram Ride
- Holiday – stay overnight or longer – there’s lots to see and do!
- Houndshill Shopping Centre
- Ice Cream
- Illuminated Heritage Tram Ride
- Isle of Man – have you seen it at sunset?
- Jungle Jims
- Lighthouses – Fleetwood is unique in that it has three
- Lowther Pavilion at Lytham
- Madame Tussauds
- Marine Hall at Fleetwood
…and the N to Z of things to do on the Fylde Coast!
- North Pier
- Parks and Gardens
- Pleasure Beach
- Punch and Judy – although you’re only likely to spot him at special events
- Sandcastles on the beach
- Sandcastle Waterpark!
- SEALIFE Blackpool
- Seaside Rock – eat it and you can watch it being made
- Sit on the beach
- Slot machines
- South Pier
- Spitfire – there’s always one in the sky at St Annes
- Star Trek Exhibition
- Stanley Park
- Swimming – be careful if you do it in the sea!
- Tableaus – at North Shore during the Illuminations
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Trams – new, sleek and smooth ones
- Walk on the seafront
- Windmills – three to see, at Little Marton (which is in Blackpool), Thornton and Lytham.
- Winter Gardens
Can you think of any more Things to do on the Fylde Coast?
Leave a comment at the foot of the page and we’ll add your ideas to the list.
Would you like to see a particular business or activity appear on this list? Get in touch with your suggestions by emailing jane@theRabbitPatch.co.uk
Find out More
Have a look at the Visit Fylde Coast website homepage for more of the latest updates.
If you love the Fylde Coast you ought to sign up for our weekly email newsletter. It’s packed full of interesting things and will arrive in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast