Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours are a brilliant way to take in the sights and the Lights. Travel the promenade and enjoy an iconic, traditional part of Blackpool!
Blackpool Promenade Heritage Tram Tours
Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours run every weekend and daily during most UK school holidays.
Catch a non-stop Heritage Tram at special stops, up to every 20 minutes between 10am and 5pm. Different trams run on different days, subject to weather and which are available.
Plus – did you know that tours can be split into 2 trips? This means you could travel to the other end of the promenade, have a fun morning/afternoon/day out, and travel back in style!
Adult just £3.50, child £2 and under 5’s go free!
See Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours on Facebook for details of times and which trams are running on which days
Heritage Trams Illuminations Tours
Every evening until 4 November
Illuminations Tours operate every evening from Switch on time until 9pm (10pm on Saturday). Remember – NO BOOKING REQUIRED, just turn up at Pleasure Beach Heritage Stop and pay the conductor on board!
Answers to some of the most asked questions are below:
• Can we pre-book illumination tours? – No, just turn up and pay the conductor on board
• Do you operate every day? – Illumination Tours operate every evening during the Illuminations from 2 Sept from Switch-On time until 9pm (10pm Sat)
• What time is best to catch an Illumination Tour? – The first tours are always busiest and then get quieter during the evening, Saturdays are busiest! Tours take just over an hour and operate around every 20 minutes or more frequently on busy nights.
• Where do we catch an Illuminations Tour? – ONLY from Pleasure Beach Heritage Stop – you can alight an Illuminations tour at Bispham, Cabin, North Pier & Tower on the return journey
• Are all trams illuminated? – We use a mix of Illuminated and Heritage trams – you get a great view of the Illuminations from the Top deck of our Double Deckers!
• Can I get off and rejoin an Illuminations tour – You can leave the tour at any of our heritage stops on the return journey or do the whole round tour. Once you leave the tram you can’t rejoin the tour.
• Are Blackpool Transport Saver/Day/24/One tickets valid on Heritage Tram Tours – No. Heritage Day Tickets are available which also include modern tram and bus services
• Can we pay by Debit/Credit Card – No, we only accept £cash on our tours
• Are concession passes accepted on Heritage Trams – No, unfortunately these are not valid for tours
Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours presents – The Ghost Tram
With your host the Victorian Ghost Hunter Stephen Mercer
Fridays at 7.30pm, last approx 90 minutes
- 19 & 26 October
- Plus a Halloween special on 31 October!
Ghost tours start with Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours start at the North Pier Heritage Tram Stop. They return to North Pier at the end of the tour.
Tickets £9.50 adults and £4 children.
£21 for a family of 4 – 2 adults and 2 children under 16
Tickets must be pre-booked. Call Emma on 01253 209521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention that you saw it on Visit Fylde Coast!
Illuminated Tram Parade at LightPool
Thursday 25 October 2018
Boarding from 5pm for a 5.45pm departure at the Pleasure Beach Heritage Tram Stop.
The illuminated tram parade, featuring the battleship HMS Blackpool, the lottery funded Western Train, the Fisherman’s Friend Trawler and also two heritage trams, will set off from the Pleasure Beach tram loop at around 5.45pm, and will then travel along the tramway to Little Bispham before returning to terminate at Blackpool Pleasure Beach around 75 minutes later.
The parade will visibly slow as it approaches Blackpool Tower to give spectators an opportunity for an unmissable photo and video opportunity. For those who want to be a part of the parade, there will be a limited number of tickets available for visitors to travel on the trams during the parade.
Tickets for the parade: FULLY BOOKED!!
Once the parade is over, all trams will return back to Pleasure Beach to continue the illumination tours. Tickets for these tours are on a first come, first served basis and you must queue at the Blackpool Pleasure Beach tram stop on the night. These tickets are not pre-bookable.
Winter Gold Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours
November 24 and 25 from 10am to 5.30pm
Enjoy some winter Heritage! Frequent Promenade tram tours, variety of trams in action, official souvenirs available.
Visit Santa on a Blackpool Heritage Tram
Visit Santa onboard the Western Train Tram. Plus, enjoy a Heritage Tram Tour between 10am and 4pm.
Saturdays 8, 15 and 22 December 2018 Please mention that you saw it on Visit Fylde Coast!
Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours
You can enjoy Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours on the promenade every weekend throughout the season until November. Check back in 2019 for the new timetable and season start dates.
On selected weekends there are enhanced services for special events, plus Heritage Trams operate daily during peak holiday weeks at Easter, Spring Bank, for the summer and school half term holidays.
Different trams from the Heritage fleet operate Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours on different days. On beautiful sunny days the open-top tram cars come out too!
Choose from different ticketing options. Ride there and back just for the experience, or hop on and off throughout the day.
Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours timetables here
Blackpool’s No 1 Attraction!
Did you know – that in 2017 you voted the Blackpool Tramway as the no 1 attraction in Blackpool on TripAdvisor?
Break your Journey
Did you know – that when you buy a Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours ticket that you can break your journey?
That means you can travel between North Pier and Blackpool Pleasure Beach as you wish. Get off – do whatever – and then get back on again later on the same day for your return journey.
At just £3.50 for an adult ticket, that’s unbeatable value! (And a well hidden fact!)
Take a Ride on a Heritage Blackpool Tram
With Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours you can enjoy an experience like no other. Take a ride along the world famous Blackpool Tramway aboard a piece of moving history along the fantastic seafront of this world famous seaside resort.
Up until 2011, the “Heritage” cars were the service fleet trams. Operating every day except Christmas Day, they travelled along the tram lines, carrying residents and visitors from A to B. A multi-million pound upgrade transformed Blackpool’s tramway – the tracks were all relaid and a new, modern fleet of low-floor trams are now the service fleet.
However, the original Blackpool trams – with their distinctive ‘clickety-clack’ as they drive along – are much loved and as integral to Blackpool as fish and chips and the donkeys on the beach – so a core selection of trams from the original system were kept and returned to passenger carrying duties once more.
Many of these original trams are over 80 years old and have been retained and superbly restored. It’s a unique experience as nowhere else in the UK can you still ride on a Heritage Tram on the line for which it was originally built.
Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours run most weekends throughout the year, daily during most UK school holidays and, of course, operate our famous Autumn Illumination Tours where you can ride aboard one of the illuminated trams.
Trams for Hire
Along with our Heritage Buses, the trams are also available for hire to help you celebrate your special occasion.
So, whether you want to hire a tram, join us for one of our regular events or just enjoy a very special ride along Blackpool’s Promenade, we have something to offer for everyone.
Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours FAQs and Helpful Hints!
• Can we pre-book tours? – Generally No, just turn up and pay the conductor on board The only pre-bookable tours are Great British Night Out, Guided Tours and Ghost Tours
• Do you operate every day? – Promenade Tours operate most weekends & school holidays Illumination Tours operate every evening during the Illuminations except Switch On night Illumination Tours start from Switch-On time until 9pm Sun-Thurs & until 10pm Fri/Sat
• Do you operate tours on Switch On night – No, we start on Saturday 2nd September This is because the Tramway is closed at Tower Headland for The Switch On event
• What time is best to catch an Illumination Tour? – The first tours are always busiest and then get quieter during the evening, an hour after switch on time is best for a shorter wait! Friday/Saturday are busiest! Tours take just over an hour and operate around every 20 minutes.
• Where do we catch an Illuminations Tour? – ONLY from Pleasure Beach Heritage Stop you can alight an Illuminations tour at other Heritage Tram Stops on the return journey
• Are all trams illuminated? – Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours use a mix of Illuminated and Heritage trams. You get a great view of the Illuminations from the Top deck of our Double Deckers!
• Can I get off and rejoin a tour (split tour)? – Daytime tours-Yes, Illumination tours-No
• Are Blackpool Transport Saver/Day/24/One tickets valid on Heritage Tram Tours – No Heritage Day Tickets are available which also include modern tram and bus services
• Can we buy Heritage Day Tickets on all trams and buses – Yes, Heritage Day Tickets can be bought on any Blackpool Transport bus or tram service, remember and ask for HERITAGE! Heritage Day Tickets: Adult £11, Child £6, Family £25 – includes all tours/buses/trams
• Can we buy Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours Tickets online or on the Blackpool Transport App – No
• Can we pay by Debit/Credit Card – No, we only accept £cash on our tours
• Are concession passes accepted on Heritage Trams – No, these are not valid for tours
• Are Heritage Day Tickets valid for 24 hours – No, only valid on the day of purchase
• Can I hire a Heritage Tram – Yes, call Emma on 01253 209521 for more details!
All of the heritage Tramcars, are, by definition, old! They need tender loving care, maintenance, and in many cases restoration.
Many of them have been moved to different places, different collections, and different owners – so there are opportunities to bring some of them back home, restore them and, one by one, add them to the operational fleet.
Blackpool Heritage Trust have been fundraising for the restoration of two exciting additions to the fleet. They can’t do it without your help so a BIG thank you goes to everyone who has supported these two appeals:
Make a Donation
If you would like to make a donation to assist us with the conservation of our historic fleet, your support would be most welcome. We hold regular appeals to fund our work to preserve our unique collections.
To donate please send a cheque payable to “Blackpool Heritage Trust” to 16 Seventh Avenue, Blackpool, FY4 2ED.
Alternatively, Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours would very much appreciate monthly standing orders. This form of regular contribution allows us to forward plan projects, and will help us to build on our achievements. It helps us to continue to operate these iconic vehicles on Blackpool promenade where they rightfully belong for everyone to enjoy.
Find out More
Have a look at the Visit Fylde Coast website homepage for more of the latest updates.
If you love the Fylde Coast you ought to sign up for our weekly email newsletter. It’s packed full of interesting things and will arrive in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast