There’s a true mixture of coast and countryside, rural and urban here on the Fylde Coast.
Rolling hills lie not that far from flat grasslands. Quiet rural spots only a few miles from busy urban congestion. There’s a true mixture of landscapes here on the Fylde Coast with something for everyone to enjoy, whether you live in the area or visit on holiday.
Explore by Air
Get a feel for the beautiful landscape and countryside, and explore the beautiful shores from your armchair, and watch this video from our friend Quadographer13.
In the film you’ll see:
– Calder Vale
– Glasson Marina
– Lancaster Canal
– Inskip old Navy station – and radio masts
– Oakenclough fells – bringing in the harvest and rolling fields
– Canal, rail and motorway – side by side
– Barnacre Reservoir
– Trough of Bowland – Area of Natural Outstanding Beauty
– Orchard End Windfarm
– Whitmore Fisheries
– Anchorsholme Sea Defences being constructed
– Wreck of the Abana on Anchorsholme beach
– Blackpool Pleasure Beach
– South Promenade, Sandcastle and Pier, Blackpool
– Cleveleys promenade
– Cleveleys beach with Mary’s Shell
– Singleton Maize Maze
– Farmer Parr’s at Fleetwood
This is by no means the full extent of everything there is to see and do in north west Lancashire – but it certainly is a great film which gives you a good feel for the variety of life here!
Find out More
Why not have a look at the other fabulous places to visit on the Fylde Coast with the other websites which are part of this series:
Don’t forget that we’ve also got social media pages for each of these areas.
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest and Instagram @visitFyldeCoast. The links are at the top of this page.
Have you signed up for your weekly email newsletter?
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Wreck of the Abana