New Accountable Officer Appointed for Fylde and Wyre CCG

Dr Amanda Doyle, OBE, has been named the new accountable officer appointed for Fylde and Wyre CCG by NHS England. This is in addition to her existing appointment as accountable officer for NHS Blackpool CCG and means that she is now the joint accountable officer for the Fylde Coast CCGs.

Dr Doyle, who has been a GP for more than 20 years, has been working as the Fylde and Wyre CCG interim accountable officer since September following the retirement of Dr Tony Naughton.

Dr Doyle said: “I am delighted to have been appointed. In the short time I have worked at the CCG I have been impressed by the dedication and professionalism of staff, as well as the strength of the links it has with its partners, including clinicians, patients and the public. There is a high level of commitment across all sectors to making a difference to people’s health and wellbeing.  We have a great team; together we can really improve health and healthcare across the Fylde Coast.”

Joining up services

NHS Fylde and Wyre CCG chair, Mary Dowling, added: “Amanda is a great asset with a huge amount of energy and experience. She is joining us at a time when we are seeking to join-up services as much as possible, and I am confident that through her leadership we will be able to further improve care and people’s experiences of that care.”

NHS Blackpool CCG chair, Roy Fisher, continued: “We congratulate Amanda on her appointment with Fylde and Wyre and have every confidence that her leadership of the two CCGs will make a real difference to health and wellbeing on the Fylde Coast.”

Reducing duplication

While the two Fylde Coast CCGs will remain as separate statutory bodies, under Dr Doyle’s leadership they are working more closely together, reducing duplication wherever possible.  A joint accountable officer for the two CCGs is an essential first step on the journey to further integrate health and care across the area as part of Healthier Fylde Coast. Healthier Fylde Coast is a partnership of local organisations working together to improve health and wellbeing across the area.

While you’re here…

Have a look at the Visit Fylde Coast website homepage for more of the latest updates.

If you love the Fylde Coast you ought to sign up for our weekly email newsletter. It’s packed full of interesting things and will arrive in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.

Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *