Phoenix Bowel Cancer Support Group

As of 2018, Phoenix Bowel Cancer Support Group is in its fourth year. It’s a very successful local group, the only one of its kind for 50 miles.

We cover Blackpool, Fylde, Fleetwood, Preston, Garstang and NW Lancashire and offer support for bowel cancer patients, family and carers.

We meet on the first Tuesday of every month from 7-9pm in the Macmillan Windmill Unit at Blackpool Victoria Hospital.

Phoenix Bowel Cancer Support Group is a patient led group for Bowel Cancer patients, carers and family members, providing support and information. It’s for anyone from Blackpool, Wyre, Fylde, Preston and North West Lancashire.

Whatever the stage of your treatment you are very welcome to go along and meet the members. It’s a fun evening and there are also special days out throughout the year for our members. These include meals, theatre outings, heritage tours and much more.

If you know any bowel cancer survivors who would benefit from meeting other like minded people please let them know about this friendly group.

Get in Touch

To find out more please ring Sandra Peet for details on 01772 683790, or email: sandrapeet7@aol.com. If you do get in touch please mention that you saw it on Visit Fylde Coast!

Have a look at the website at – www.phoenixgroupbvh.com

Find out More

Have a look at the Visit Fylde Coast website homepage for more of the latest updates.

If you love the Fylde Coast you ought to sign up for our weekly email newsletter. It’s packed full of interesting things and will arrive in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.

Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast

3 Comments
  1. I have been a member of The Phoenix Group since November 2016 and the help and support I have had has been amazing. Before, during and after my surgery the advice has been so good and still is. The questions I have had are not medical just how to organise myself especially when going on days out or travelling. A very friendly group, come along and see for yourself

1. Jane Rabbit

Thanks for commenting Ann. You can tell a lot from a photo, and that was the impression that I got too 🙂 Jane, Visit Fylde Coast

2. Thanks Ann for your kind words. You know it is a team effort and we would not be as successful as we are if it was not for people like you and the other Phoenix Members. Simply meeting other patients, family or carers who have gone through similar experiences can resolve a lot of the everyday concerns.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *