There are two Wyred Up networking events each year. The venue varies but the format is similar. Plenty of opportunities for networking, followed by presentations from speakers on a variety of different local business subjects.
A buffet follows and more chance to chat with people and make new contacts, before ending at around 5.30pm.
FREE Accelerating Wyre Event, from Wyred Up
Thursday 27 September from 10am – 4pm
At Marine Hall, Fleetwood.
The next event from Wyred Up is a full day of opportunities, giving you the chance to meet and network with business support providers within the Lancashire footprint.
Suitable for – Pre start, Start, Grow
With – Workshops, Presentations, Exhibitors
- Are you looking for business support?
- Do you want to understand what’s available?
- Do you want to put the wheels in motion for a growth conversation?
This event is FREE to attend, for any business, of any size, from anywhere along the Fylde Coast.
EMAIL: For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01253 887282
NOT A MEMBER OF WYRED UP YET? REGISTER AND COME ALONG TO A FREE TASTER EVENT!
Tips for Success at Wyred Up Business Networking Events
1. Make new contacts: get talking to people – get their contact details and agree when you will next make contact.
2. Meet for a chat: if you’re just getting to know someone, it’s often best to have an informal chat to get to know each other first. It’s a good step forward.
3. Set up a formal meeting: chats are great but they don’t pay the bills. At some point you need to set up a meeting to discuss how you can move towards being a supplier with an order for paid work.
4. Look for a referral: if you sell a rare left-handed widget and are offered a chance to be introduced to someone, then make sure that the comment ‘You must go and meet so and so, you’re just what they’ve been searching for’ turns into an appointment. Follow it up and get that proper introduction.
5. Opportunity for work: Don’t expect to go to every networking meeting and find a job, but there’s every chance that it could happen. If someone does suggest that they’d like to do business with you make sure that you get their details and follow it up afterwards.
6. Showcase opportunity: if someone gives you a chance to write for a magazine, newspaper or blog and showcase your services, make sure that you do just that!
Networking success isn’t all about the orders that you get – it’s about the things that you learn, the people who you meet, the opportunities which you find. It’s also about meeting new prospectus and advancing existing prospects.
Register for your place at the next event on the Wyred Up website at this link.
If you’re completely new to networking you might be overwhelmed by the thought of a room full of strangers at the Wyred Up networking events. But don’t be, everyone there is just a regular person just like you and many of them might also feel nervous!
Work the room: don’t huddle at the side of the buffet or only speak to people who you know. Read the list of attendees and decide who you want to talk to.
Try and find the people who you will get most benefit from talking to – use your time wisely rather than passing the time of day chatting aimlessly.
Make sure you listen to what the other person is saying. Show an interest in them and their business. But also make sure you get a chance to talk about what you do!
Find out More
Have a look at the Visit Fylde Coast website homepage for more of the latest updates.
If you love the Fylde Coast you ought to sign up for our weekly email newsletter. It’s packed full of interesting things and will arrive in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast